Info and Concepts
Once your Aerotrack tenancy has been setup in the Cloud you will need to install the Aerotrack client on each user’s computer. You can install as many clients as you have computers on your network but the Cloud server will allow only the same number of active users as the number of client licenses you have purchased. E.g. if you have purchased 4 client licenses the first 4 users to open the client will be allowed access.
The client uses Java technology and requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to be installed on the client computer before the Aerotrack client can be installed.
Each Users Local Computer
To determine if you have The Java Runtime Environment installed follow the link below –
If you do not have Java installed you can install it by following the instructions below –
- Open your web browser to the following web page Java Download
- Select the correct Java version for your computer and use either the online or offline link to download and install.
- Once Java has been installed open the Java Control Panel from the Windows Control Panel on a PC or the System Preferences menu on a Mac.
- Within the Java Control Panel go to the General tab and open the Network Settings window.
- Ensure the “Direct Connect” option is selected and click OK to proceed. Close the Java Control Panel.
To install the client
- Click on this link to access the installation portal – Aerotrack Client Installation
- This will open a web page showing the install Aerotrack installation icon in the middle of the screen. Click this icon once.
- This will start the client download and install the Aerotrack client icon to your desktop.
- If the download does not start your computer settings may have downloaded the installation file instead.
- Go to your Downloads and look a file called Servoy_client.jnlp – double click this file to begin installation.
- This process should open Aerotrack and install an Aerotrack icon on your desktop.
- Double click the Aerotrack icon to launch the application
- The login screen will appear as displayed below –
10. Enter your login details as assigned by your Application Manager to sign in.
Once you have successfully installed the java client, we recommend that you do not update your JRE to newer versions unless requested by tech support.
You can download archived copies of a java runtime environment from here