Info and Concepts
A Sales Order can be created when an organisation is selling parts that they do not currently have in stock. This allows the items that have been ordered to be dropped onto a Purchase Order which therefore creates a link between the purchase order and the sales order.
The sale could also be a mixture of items that are currently in stock and can be shipped straight away along with other items that must be ordered from the supplier. In this case the Sales Order can be turned into a Parts Invoice and dispatched while the outstanding items are transferred to Back Order and then dropped onto a Purchase Order.
The Sales module is accessed by the Sales menu in the main navigation panel.
- To create a new Sale click the ‘New’ button. or use the shortcut Control +N.
- Select the customer name from the drop down list and enter any other information in this area such as the customer purchase order number.
- In the lower window click the add a line icon to start entering parts against the sale using the drop down parts list.
- Enter the quantities required for the order.
- If the order is a mixture of items that are in stock and ready to ship and items that are to be ordered you can change this order to a Parts Invoice and ship the available stock.
- Create a Back Order for the remaining items and leave the Back Order as a Sales Order.
- See the user guide section on creating a purchase order for a sales order.