Info & Concepts
An Adjustment Note or Credit Note is raised when an item that has been previously sold and booked out to a customer is returned and needs to be booked back into stock.
An Adjustment Note is raised in the Sales module and have the status of a Service Invoice.
- From the Sales List screen, click the new sale icon . Shortcut = Ctrl +N
- A window will pop up for you to confirm that you want to create a new Sale.
- When you click ‘Yes’, a new sale will be created and default to an ‘order’ status. The sales # will increment by one from the previous sale (this is non-editable). The date of the sale will default to the current date and can be modified.
- Enter the customer name and customer ref. for this sale. The customer ref. is usually the purchase order # from the customer to your company. Change the status to a ‘Service Invoice’.
- In the detail section click the add a new line icon.
- Enter the part number of the item being returned and click the GRN Selection box to enter a new GRN.
- When bringing a part back into stock it is important that you create a new GRN. Enter the new GRN and tab off the field or hit enter to continue.
- Enter the quantity that is being brought into stock as a negative number in the Shipped field.
- To delete a line that is not required, click on the line to be deleted, then click the ‘Delete Selected Line’ button. This will pop up a window for you to confirm that you want to delete the selected line.
- To move a line up or down within the purchase, click on the line, and then click on the ‘Line Up’ or ‘Line Down’ button.
- Repeat as required until you have entered your Adjustment Note in full.
- To bring the items back into stock an Adjustment must be raised in the Inventory module. To do this automatically click the Create Adjustment for Credited Stock button in the funtions section.
- The item can be added to added to an existing adjustment or the system can raise an adjustment for you. Click your preference in the dialog window as displayed.
- Once the adjustment has been completed the adjustment number will be displayed on the page in the functions section.
- To print use the drop down menu and select Adjustment Note in the top right of the screen. Click the print icon to produce the PDF or email the document using the email icon .
- Finally make sure to lock the sale before leaving using the lock icon.