Info and Concepts
The status of a purchase is important as Aerotrack treats the inventory movements differently depending on this purchase status.
An ‘Order’ status is not considered a completed transaction in Aerotrack so although it will appear listed as a transaction line for an item code in inventory, no quantity or cost detail will appear and inventory levels will not change.
A Purchase with the status of a ‘Bill’ is considered a completed transaction and will appear listed as a transaction line with quantity and cost information in the inventory module. When an purchase order is changed from an “Order” to a “Bill” the transaction is triggered and the information on the PO is committed to the system.
A Purchase Order must be raised against an existing supplier within the system. Each supplier should have been assessed and should have an evaluation status set, see the Approved Supplier section for more information on this concept. When a PO is raised the system will check the approval status of the supplier and alert the user if there is an issue. Aerotrack will not stop the user from creating a PO against a supplier unless that supplier has been marked as “Failed” or if the account has been put on hold.
The purchase list form in Aerotrack.
- Click the ‘New’ button. Shortcut = Ctrl +N
- A window will pop up, for you to confirm that you want to create a new Purchase Order.
- When you click ‘Yes’, a new purchase will be created and default to an ‘order’ status. The purchase order number will increment by one from the previous purchase (this is non-editable). The date of the purchase will default to the current date and can be modified.
- The currency is set the Australia Dollars as default, this will change to match the supplier record when the supplier is chosen.
- Enter the supplier name for this purchase, no further information can be entered into a PO until a supplier has been chosen.
- Enter a value into ‘Your Ref’ if required, this could be a job number or an aircraft registration or any internal reference.
- To start entering line detail for the purchase, click the ‘Add Line’ button above the line detail table. A new line will be created.
- Enter the part number, this is a type-ahead field. To use a value in the drop down list you must highlight it first then use the ’Enter’ key which will place that value in the field.
- If you enter a part number that does not exist, you will get an ‘Incorrect Part #’ message. You will need to create a new part either from the inventory module or from the PO itself. To create a new part number from the PO click the “New Inventory Part above the detail panel – This will open a new item window where you can enter the details required for the new part. Click the ‘Save & Close’ button to close the window and return to your purchase, where you can now select your new part number from the type-ahead field.
- The “List Picker” can used to select the required part if the exact part number is not known. Open the list picker by clicking the icon on a blank line , search for the part number or description in the quick find to display a list of matching parts. Click the link on the part number r
- If a part number is entered that has an alternate the systems will display a dialog window informing the user that an alternate exists.
- If a part number is entered that is available from the Aerotrack Market a dialog window informing the user will be displayed.
- Once an item code is entered, the description, and last cost will be populated by the system.
- Tab across the line to enter further information as required.
- The Good Received Number (GRN) can be entered now if it is known.
- The Job # field can be used to send a part directly to a job when it is received. Choose the job number from the list of open jobs.
- If one item is going directly to a job and the others are going into stock the user must enter “S” into the remaining fields.
- The Job # field can also be used to indicate that the item has been received into a different store, the user can enter S1, S2 or S3 to indicate that the item has been received into a particular department. If all the items are going into the main stock location this field can be left blank.
- Enter the order quantity and the cost if it is different from the last cost. The line total will be calculated.
- To create a new line you can-
- Click the ‘Add Line’ button to add a new line after the last line in the purchase, or
- When the line total is highlighted hit the ‘Enter’ key twice on your keyboard, or
- Click the insert line icon to create a new line above the currently selected one.
- Use the arrow icons to move a highlighted line up or down the order.
- In the lower left corner of the form ‘Selected Item Info’ the on hand quantity, on order quantity and average cost for this part will show.
- To delete a line that is not required, click on the line to be deleted, then click the ‘Delete Selected Line’ button. This will pop up a window for you to confirm that you want to delete the selected line. Only on saving the purchase record will this selected line be deleted.
- Repeat as required until you have entered your purchase order in full.
- In the ‘Supplier Details’ tab the default contact for the supplier will be pulled through with the address details of the Main address. If you want to change the location drop down list and select the required location.
- A Purchase Order can be printed, saved as a PDF or emailed directly from Aerotrack.
- Select the style of PO to produce from the drop list then select the method. The print icon will display a PDF on screen which can either be printed as a hard copy or be saved to email to the supplier. The email icon will open the email feature to send the PDF directly to the supplier from Aerotrack.
- This feature will use the email address of your user account as the “From” address and the email address set as default in the supplier account as the “To” address. A copy of the email will also be sent to the users address using the ‘Bcc” field.
- The text included in email message by default can be modified in the System Administration section System Text Fields tab.
When receipting goods please see Receipting Items on a PO.
The tab key will move you through the line detail fields, shift + tab will move you backwards.
If you click in the description of a particular item line it will show you the on hand/on order quantities for that part in the bottom left under the line table.
If you click the button ‘GRN List’ it will pop a window showing you a list of the quantities of each individual batch of that part # of the line which is selected.
If you want to go to a particular item in inventory from purchases you can do this very quickly by clicking the blue arrow icon to the left of the item code you want. This will take you into inventory for that item code.
Once prices are entered they will set last, batch and average costs (if a bill). You can see this by visiting the inventory section for an item on the ‘Pricing’ tab panel.