Info and Concepts
The Calendar function takes the information from the Job section and displays it in a Gantt Chart style to visually represent the jobs for the period.
This is designed to assist with workforce planning and job scheduling as it is easy to see all the jobs in progress and the future planned work on one screen.
The calendar screen scrolls by month and shows all the jobs carried out in the period grouped by the department. This data is taken from the data entered into the Jobs screen using the start and end date to produce the timeline.
The jobs are colour coded as follows:
- Light blue – completed job with at least one of the four checks complete.
- Dark blue – completed job with all four of the checks complete.
- Light green – job in progress with none of the fours checks complete.
- Dark green – job in progress with at least one of the four checks complete.
- Orange – job is planned and has not yet been started.
The Calendar is accessed from the main controller menu.
The data shown in the Calendar function is drawn from the Jobs section, when a job is created and given a start date and due date it will automatically be displayed in the Calendar.
When the user hovers the mouse cursor over the coloured bar more information from the job section is displayed in a popup window.
The printer icon in the top right of the Calendar will produce the calendar as a Jpeg file which can then be saved and incorporated into management reports.