Info and Concepts
There are certain parts that are used quite often, it’s important that these items are on-hand and that we don’t run out. Each part number can have a minimum quantity and a re-order quantity set in the part number. Setting a minimum quantity for a part number allows the logistics department to quickly and easily see which items in the inventory they need to reorder.
When the minimum quantity is reached the part number will be added to the “Re-order list”. The re-order list will show the minimum quantity as well as the quantity to order.
The re-order list can be accessed from the Home screen dashboard or from within a Purchase Order.
The minimum quantity can be entered by opening the part number record within the Inventory module.
- Go to the Parts List within the Inventory module and locate the part number you wish to alter.
- Enter the minimum quantity required in the “Min QTY” as shown in the image below circled in red.
- Enter the re-order quantity into the “Order QTY” as highlighted in green above.
- Save the record.
When stock items are reduced to the minimum levels they will be added to the re-order list and the order quantity will be attached. The re-order list can be viewed from the Home screen dashboard or from within a Purchase Order.
- Create a new purchase order.
- Choose the supplier for the order.
- Open the Actions Menu in the top right of the Purchase Order.
- Select ‘Add Reorder Items” from the Actions Menu.
- This opens the re-order items window showing all the items that have fallen below their minimum quantity limit.
- Sort the list by the Usual Supplier field by clicking on the header of the column.
- Select the items to be added to the PO and click the “Add Items to Purchase” button in the bottom right.
- This has added those items to the PO with the reorder quantities entered as per the part number.
Minimum Stock Quantities for multi base operations
When the multi base feature is first turned the existing minimum quantities can be assigned to one of the bases. The user will require access to the System Administration to make these changes.
- Go to the System option in the main menu and open the Pricing Systems tab.
- Click on the button labelled “Import Pricing Data”
- In the Methods menu select the option labelled ” convertMinReorderFromSinglebaseToMultibase”
- This opens another window where you can choose which base to assign the previously set minimum quantities.
- Click OK to set the minimum quantities to the chosen base.