Info and Concepts
To facilitate the creation of parts in Aerotrack it is possible to import an existing parts list directly into the database from a spreadsheet. This feature requires that the user has access to the System Administration – Pricing Systems section. This process will upload an existing parts catalog and a secondary process can then import pricing data to be appended to the part number. The pricing upload can then be done multiple times as new price lists are released by the supplier.
The parts upload can be access from the System > Company Details menu, under the Pricing tab.
- Before starting the import process you will need to have a spreadsheet of the parts formatted and ready to be loaded.
- The format requires twelve columns with the correct spelling and in the correct order. Even if there is no data to be loaded into the field the column heading must exist.
- The example below shows the format required for the parts upload.
- Click on the “Import Parts List” button to begin the process.
- The dialog will explain the process, click OK to continue.
- Navigate to the location of your saved spreadsheet, located the file and click “Select”.
- The table will display a list of the parts that where in the spreadsheet.
- Click “Create New Parts” to add all the new parts to the catalog.