- To create a new adjustment record, click the new record button from the Adjustment table view. Shortcut = Ctrl +N
- Using the icons displayed here you can add a new line to manually enter data into the adjustment, delete a line that has been previously entered or create a new part number to be added into the inventory catalog.
- Click the green cross to add a new line to the adjustment.
- Enter the item code for the part. This is a type ahead field, start entering the part number and the list will start to reduce in size to only show part numbers matching what you have already entered. To use a value in the drop down list you can arrow down and push enter or click on the part number to place that value in the field. If you type an item code that does not exist, you will get receive a dialogue box displaying a message to enter a valid part number. You may need to create a new item in inventory to proceed.
- Once an item code is entered, the description, and units will be entered in the line detail. In the lower left corner under the line table the on hand quantity for this part will show.
- Enter the GRN of the batch you wish to adjust and the item information window will update and show the details of that GRN batch.
- If you wish to increase the on hand quantity enter the additional value in the “In QTY” field and the cost in the “Price”
- If you are decreasing the on hand quantity and have less than the number shown simply enter the number that are missing in the “Out QTY” field and the cost of the items in the “Cost” field.
- To create a new line you can click the green arrow cross and repeat as required.
- If the validation feature is in use the adjustment will have the status of “Invalid” in the header.
- The validation process makes the required changes in the inventory records and can only be done by a user with the correct permission. See the validation setup page for more information on setting up this feature. The authorised user must click the “Validate this Adjustment” button and they will receive a dialogue window advising them that they are about to commit the details to the database. Once this is done the adjustment status is updated to “Valid” and should be locked.
It is important to note that you are not entering the new counts for the items into the adjustment, you are entering the differences between what was shown to be on hand and what was actually found to be on hand.
Aerotrack knows the quantity on hand for that batch once you enter the GRN. If it is less than the quantity out in the line detail you will get an error message saying that you cannot take out more items than what you have on hand for that batch.
The tab key will move you through the line detail fields, shift + tab will move you backwards.
When you highlight a line the “Selected Item Info” panel in the lower left corner will show you the on hand/on order quantities for that line item.
If you click the icon to the right of the GRN field it will pop the GRN window which displays useful information about that batch.
If you want to go to a particular item in inventory from adjustments you can do this very quickly by clicking the blue arrow icon to the left of the item code you want. This will take you into inventory for that item code.
If you are doing a large stock take it is advisable to break it into smaller adjustments. This will make it much easier to find a particular item adjustment. E.g. 1 row or rack in your store of stock take counts could become 1 adjustment record containing all those counts. Enter the row/rack info in the notes field so you can easily find it.