Info and Concepts
There are occasions when the cost price of a batch needs to be altered. This may be because it was entered incorrectly or that is was not loaded during the initial stock upload.
This process is done via an Adjustment and the procedure needs to be followed to ensure the ongoing accuracy of the inventory totals.
Raise a new Adjustment via the Inventory menu.
- Raise a new adjustment via the inventory menu.
- Enter the part number that you wish to adjust, open the GRN window by clicking in the GRN field and select the GRN/Batch number from the list available by double clicking on the required line.
- In the out column enter the quantity as it appears in the quantity of the GRN window.
- Enter the current price in the system in the out cost field, this removes these parts from your inventory.
- Add another line to the adjustment with the same part number.
- Open the GRN window and add a NEW GRN, we recommend that this is the old GRN to retain traceability but with an added prefix to indicate that the price has been amended.
- Enter the new GRN in the field and hit tab or enter to continue.
- Enter the quantity in the in column and enter the new price as required.
- This process had removed the old GRN and replaced it with an altered but traceable GRN with the new pricing attached.
- When you look at the transaction history you will see that the quantity on hand has not changed but the price has.
- Repeat these steps for each change of price required.