Info and Concepts
Templates are an optional feature that should be used when you have a number of aircraft of the same model in your fleet.
The usefulness of this feature increases with the number of aircraft of the same model.
You can have as many templates in Aerotrack as you wish.
Aircraft templates are a form of schedule containing supersets of data for particular aircraft model, that is they contain every possible lifespan component, inspection, AD, and SB/SL regardless of serial # of the airframe. Linked aircraft to the template usually contain subsets of this data.
Aerotrack templates can perform 2 functions:
- The ability to add an item (component, AD, Inspection, SB/SL) to the template and duplicate that item to all aircraft linked to that template with a single click.
E.g. Add a new SB/SL and duplicate that to all linked aircraft.
- The ability to change an item (component, AD, Inspection, SB/SL) in the template and push that change to all aircraft linked to that template (containing that item) with a single click.
E.g. Update an AD to a newer amendment and push that change to all linked aircraft containing that AD.
E.g. Change an interval of an inspection and push that change to all linked aircraft containing that inspection.
The Template module from within Schedules.
To create the template:
- From within the Schedules module open the “Template” section.
- Click the add new button above the table .
- Enter the details for the new template in the fields provided.
- The “Code” will be the link to the aircraft schedules so give it a meaningful name.
To link an aircraft to a template:
- Go into the detail view of the aircraft you wish to link to the template created above.
- In the Airframe Details window select the template code from the drop down list of available codes. This ensures all future changes to the template can be pushed directly to this aircraft.
- To get all the maintenance items on the the new aircraft from the Template use the duplication feature from the Template.
- Copy all the items from each section of the Template – Lifed Components, AD’s, Inspections and SB/SL’s to the newly created aircraft.
- This process must be done in each of the four sections. Tick the items to be duplicated. Use the “Check All” button to select all the items in a section.
- Select the “Duplicate Checked Items” button , Aerotrack will ask for the registration of the aircraft receiving the items. Enter the registration and click OK.
To duplicate an item from a template to all linked aircraft:
- You can add a new item to a template and have it pushed out to all aircraft attached to that template.
- Create a new line item in the required section and enter the required details.
- When all the information for the item is complete click the duplicate button in the top right of the window.
- You will be asked to confirm that you wish to send this item to all aircraft linked to the template. Click OK to complete the addition.
- Only use this feature for a new maintenance item, if setting up a new aircraft use the duplicate feature to get all the items onto the new schedule.
To change and item and “push” the change to all linked aircraft:
- Open the selected item you wish to change.
- Make the change to the selected field as required.
- Click the “Change All” button beside the field you have changed.
- You will get a dialog to confirm the change and this will roll this change out to aircraft linked to this template.
Changing the description of an inspection, AD or SB.
It is important to note that the link between the template and the aircraft uses the name of the Inspection, AD or SB. Therefore caution is advised if you wish to change the field. These fields are highlighted with a red asterisk.
To make a change to these fields first click the ‘Change All” button and you will be presented with the change dialog as shown below.Enter the new description in the field provided and click “Change All” to action the change.
To rapidly create the template you can duplicate items from existing schedules into the template as you normally would.
Note. You can see all the linked items in the other aircraft linked to this template in the second tab panel. Only these items will be changed.