Info and Concepts
There are occasions where parts are purchased purely to to be re-sold immediately via a Sale. This process allows a part to be brought into stock via a Purchase Order and be sent directly to an Invoice from that PO. The process avoids the additional step of bringing a part into stock and then entering it onto an invoice to be on sold.
Parts are sent to a Sale directly from the Purchase Order detail screen.
- Once the Purchase Order has been processed and the parts have been received you can begin the process of sending the parts to the sale.
- Before sending the parts the Sales Order must be changed to a Parts Invoice. Use the link to go straight to the relevant sales order and change it to a Parts Invoice.
- Return to the Purchase Order and click the “Send Parts to Sale” button.
- If there is only one sale on the PO and the sale has been changed to a Parts Invoice you will see the following dialog and the parts will be added to the Parts Invoice.
- If the sale has not been changed to a Parts Invoice or the parts are not available you will see the following dialog.Look at each numbered item and make the records meets those criteria before attempting to send the parts over again.
- If there are multiple sales on the purchase order you will need to process one sale at a a time.
- Click the Send Parts to Sale button and as you have multiple sales you will be shown a dialog and asked to choose the first sale to process.
- Choose the sale and click OK.
- Click the :Send Parts to Sale” button again to send parts to the next sale. When you get down to the last sale the process will send parts to the only open sale remaining.
- The checked line items will now be on the invoice and must have their selling price added before the sale can be finalised and the parts shipped.