Info and Concepts
Backorders occur when a supplier cannot supply all the parts on your purchase order but wants to invoice your company now for the parts it can supply. An invoice or delivery docket may list as back ordered the parts the supplier cannot ship, these items will be sent on a new invoice sometime in the future.
Aerotrack can create a new purchase order automatically for these back ordered parts when the original purchase is processed.
The purchase detail form in Aerotrack.
- When you receive the delivery from the supplier process the items that have been received, see the guide section on Receipting Items on a PO.
- Enter the quantities that have been received in the “Rec.” column, if there is a line item where nil stock was received the user must enter a “0” in the received column for the back order column to be populated automatically.
- Click the button “Create Back Orders”
- This will create a new purchase order containing the line items of all back ordered parts to the same supplier. All costs will be moved as well. The ‘Your Ref’ of the new purchase order will be the same as for the original purchase.
- A dialog will appear asking you if you would like to see the newly created purchase.
After creating a back order the new purchase order # (destination) created is listed in the field next to the button ‘Create Back Order’. To the right of this number is a button which will take you to the new purchase.
Similarly, when in the new purchase, to the far right of the ‘Create Back Order’ button is the purchase # of the original purchase (source). There is a button to the right of this to take you to this purchase.