Info and Concepts
When a Sales Order has been created for items that are not currently in stock it is possible to create a new purchase order and drop these items directly onto it for an PO to be placed with the supplier.
This process then links the sales order to the purchase order and when the items are brought into stock they can be sent directly to the sales order from the purchase order without requiring any further processing.
See the user guide section on creating a sales order.
The Purchases module is assessed via the Purchases menu in the side navigation bar.
- Click the ‘New’ button. Shortcut = Ctrl +N
- A window will pop up, for you to confirm that you want to create a new Purchase Order.
- When you click ‘Yes’, a new purchase will be created and default to an ‘order’ status. The purchase order number will increment by one from the previous purchase (this is non-editable). The date of the purchase will default to the current date and can be modified.
- The currency is set the Australia Dollars as default, this will change to match the supplier record when the supplier is chosen.
- Enter the supplier name for this purchase, no further information can be entered into a PO until a supplier has been chosen.
- Enter a value into ‘Your Ref’ if required, this could be a job number or an aircraft registration or any internal reference.
- In the functions section on the top right hand side of the purchase detail screen click the “Requisitions” button to view the list of open requisitions.
- Open the “Requisitions from Sales Orders” tab to view items on an unprovisioned sales order.
- Check the items you wish to add to this PO and click “Add Checked Items to Current PO”.
- This feature will ask for confirmation and then add the items to the PO while removing them from the Sales Order requisitions window.
- Each line on the PO is now linked to the Sales Order and the number is shown on the item line.
- The Sales Order now shows the Purchase Order number on each line to indicate that these items have been ordered.
- Once these parts have been added to the PO more parts can be added as required.
- The PO is processed as normal, see the user guide on receiving items on a PO.
- See the user guide section on sending parts to a sale.