Info and Concepts
Personnel are entered into Aerotrack for the purpose of recording time sheets, labour costs, personal data, company authorisations and recency management.
Aerotrack can be used as the company register for all staff in all departments. The system can securely hold the staff information as well as copies of documents that have been uploaded.
For staff to be able view or edit their own account or others they will need an Aerotrack login. The full name in the login section must match the name in the personnel section for the access to be granted.
The privacy and security of the staff personal data is maintained using the settings of each user account. These settings are controlled by the Application Manager from the User Account section.
- “Access All” – the User can view all the records of all staff entered into Aerotrack.
- “Access Dept” – the User can only view their own records and those of other staff in their department.
- “Access Own” – the User set will only be able to view their own personnel record.
- “Edit Recency” – the User can update an existing recency on the records that they can access. They can also add a new recency from the Recency Codes that have been setup within the System Administration section.
- “Create & Edit” – this setting should be used with the “Access All” so the User will have the ability to add new personnel and then add recency items to their record.
Personnel entered into the system will have a “Status” assigned, this can be either active or inactive. This allows staff movements to be tracked over time and only the current staff to be reported on by management. Setting the status to “Inactive” for staff that have left the organization will hide their name in the table view. The record is not removed and can viewed again if searched.
The Personnel list view is accessed via the main home page.
1. To create a new record, click the new record button. Shortcut = Ctrl +N
2. Enter the staff members name and employment details.
3. Check the applicable boxes within the Authorisations section.
Checking the relevant boxes in this section will allow the staff members name to be selected from a drop down list in the correlating authority. As an example when you check the “Sign Log Book Entries” box the users name will become a choice in the drop down list when you create a log book entry within a job.
4. Upload a photograph of the staff member. Right click in the photo box and the upload menu will display.
5. Enter the contacts details and next of kin information.
6. Enter the cost per hour and the eight bands of charge out rates (if required).
7. The “Timesheet Data” tab contains information about the staff members labour hours as entered via the Aerotrack timesheet function. This information can be searched in this tab by date range, job number and aircraft registration.
8. The 145 Authorisations section allows the organisation to record the details of an employees authorities that have been given by the Quality Manager in a Part 145 Maintenance Organisation.
The “Categories” section allow the organistion to enter the details of the LAME Licence into Aerotrack.
Add the Aeronautical Product codes for which the staff member has been authorised to sign.
Enter the Type Ratings relevant to the staff members approval within the organisation.
9. Training Attended – this section will be included in a future release.
10. Upload any linked documents relevant to the personnel record. See the User Guide section on Document Management details.