Info and Concepts
A Recency item is added to personnel from the list of recency codes as setup from within the System Administration section.
Adding a recency to a personnel record requires having the Edit Recency checked in the user account. If this is not checked you will not be able to add, delete or edit the records you can access.
Within the personnel record the recency items are colour coded to make it easier to identify a staff members currency status. An item that is overdue will show in red, an item that falls within the warning period will show in orange and an item that is current is displayed in green.
When an item is expired or within its warning period Aerotrack has the ability to email the staff member. As soon a warning is triggered, that is the days to run is less than the warning period the initial email is sent, a reminder email is sent every seven days afterwards.
When a user logs in to Aerotrack with a recency item under the warning cap or expired they will receive a dialogue box informing them, this will continue to appear until the item is updated or removed.
When a new user is setup the administrator can add the recency codes to the account or they can be duplicated from another similar user account. This greatly reduces the data entry process as all recency codes can be added at once.
Recency is added to a staff member from the “Recency” tab within their personnel record.
2. Enter the “Category” from the drop down list, these categories must be created in the System Administration section to be available.
3. Select the “Recency Code” from the drop down list and complete the Issued by and originally issued date. The “Renewable” and “Mandatory” options have been setup from the System Administration section and cannot be altered here.
4. If the item is renewable enter a date in the last renewed section, the interval will be used to calculate the expiry date.
5. If the item is non-renewable and has not been completed enter a date in the expiry date field to indicate a deadline for completion.
6. If the item is non-renewable and has been complete enter a date in the “Originally Issued” field. This will show this recency a current.
7. To update an item open the existing record and click the “Renew Now” button, this will open a calendar window and allow the user to select a date on completion. This process will also add a record into the History Tab.
8. Document Management – it is best practice to upload a scanned copy of the recency evidence into the system. Upload the document directly into the recency item instead of into the personnel record itself.
To setup recency items for multiple staff members it is best to get one staff member setup correctly and duplicate all those recency items over to others.
Click the duplicate checked items icon to open the “Select personnel” window. Select the personnel that you wish to copy the recency items to and click “Duplicate”. This will copy all these recency items over to each staff member. The user must then update each personnel record with the correct dates of the last issue to set the date for the next due.