Info and Concepts
The real power of the document library comes from linking an imported document to a particular record in the software. For example:
- Import a maintenance manual and link it to an aircraft
- Import a budget spreadsheet and link it to a job
- Import a ARC PDF and link it to a purchase or batch
- Import a service bulletin PDF and link it to that particular service bulletin on the aircraft
- Import a JPG file (graphic image) of a wiring diagram and attached it to a life span component
You can assign unlimited documents to a particular record. By default when you open a document from within the linked record, it will automatically open the last version of this document.
In the link documents tab panel for any record.
- Click the “link to existing document” button.
- This opens a window allowing you to search the library for the document you want to link to.
- You can either search for category/file name or both.
- Fill in either of the search fields and click the “search” button.
- This will display a foundset of records.
- Check the link box on the far right hand side of the document you wish to link to (YOU CAN ONLY LINK TO ONE DOCUMENT AT A TIME)
- Click the “create document link” button at the bottom of the dialogue.
- You will see the new link in the table and its details including number of versions. If you want to open the file click the “open file” button. NOTE: this will always open the last version of the document.
If you wish to open previous versions of a document double click the link which will open the document masters, where full details of previous versions can be seen and reads and read-requests.
Also in the master document you can see all links that have been created to the record