Info and Concepts
The job contains a list of parts used on that job as they have been booked to the job by engineering staff during the course of maintenance, we can send this list to a sales ‘Service Invoice’ with its associated markup price saving a lot of repetitive data entry.
All descriptions of the part # and the GRN detail will be listed in the sales invoice.
You must use the tools in the ‘Parts Cost vs Charge’ tab panel to construct the markup of your parts prior to sending these parts to the invoice. After sending these parts to an invoice the prices that have been set can be edited if required and additional information can be added directly to the invoice.
The Jobs detail form in Aerotrack
NOTE: For a price to be auto-set you must have set the pricing method on the customer record. See the pricing section of the guide for further information.
- You can view the parts that have been booked to the job listed in the first tab panel “Parts Used”, parts can added here as required.
- When the job is complete and all parts have been allocated to the job click on the tab panel “Parts Cost vs. Charge”.
- There are only 2 fields that can be edited, “Task” and “Charge”. If the task number was not entered when the part was booked out it can be entered here.
- The charge pricing is empty until set, to set this click the button “Set empty charge prices from actual list prices”. This will set all empty charge pricing as per your pricing system (this is displayed to the right of the button). Any charge pricing previously set will not be changed.
- You may edit the charge pricing as required. YOU MUST SET ALL CHARGE PRICING BEFORE THE NEXT STEP.
- Change the status of the job to “Complete” and enter the finish date.
- Check the parts that you wish to send to an invoice individually or use the “Check all” button.
- Click the “Invoice Parts” button to send the parts to an invoice.
- If you have an existing invoice for this job click the “Existing Invoice” button, enter the invoice number and click OK to send the parts to that invoice. If you no not have a current invoice click the “New Invoice” button to create an invoice for this job.
- In the ‘Parts Cost vs Charge’ tab panel, the invoice column will be auto-filled with the invoice number you sent these parts to. This is a quick reference to see what has or hasn’t been sent to the invoice.
- In the “Functions” area of the job screen you will have the invoice number now displayed with a quick link directly to that record.
- If you follow the link to the sales invoice you will see all the parts listed in the invoice with their full details and charge price. Also a link will be created from the sale back to the job, clicking this will take you directly to this job.
- You may edit the selling price on the invoice but this will not change the price set on the job.
Aerotrack will check for the following when you run this process
- The Status of the Sale must be a ‘Service Invoice’.
- You cannot send parts to a locked sale.
If you have a large job that extends over a long period, you can send parts to multiple invoices e.g. 1 invoice per month. As parts are sent to each invoice, the sales invoice # will be listed next to the relevant part on the job.