Method 2 – Stock take by Bin Location directly into Adjustment
This method is best used when doing “Rolling Stock Takes”, that is choosing a different Bin Location (s) each month and counting the stock in that location to make sure the inventory system is accurate. This can best be achieved by having a laptop computer accessible while doing the counting to directly enter the results.
Inventory > Adjustments
- Click the ‘New’ button in the adjustment list form to create the adjustment record.
- The date will default to today’s date, this can be edited. It is always important to enter some information in the notes field as to the purpose of the stock adjustment
- Open the “Stock Take Details” tab.
- In the “Bin:” field enter the details of the Bin location that you wish to count and click the “Count Bin” button. If there are items in stock at this Bin location a dialog window will be displayed showing the details.
- Click OK and the panel will display all the items in that bin location.
- Enter the counts of each item and the system will display the “Status”
- Once all the counts have been entered and checked click the “Create Adjustment Lines”
- If there are no exceptions the line items will be created in the “Line Detail” tab and the adjustment can either be validated or if the validation feature is not in use it should be locked straight away.
- EXCEPTIONS – An exception will be raised if there is a problem with one or more of the line items.Before attempting to process the adjustment again the user must resolve these exceptions. Click on the Print Report button to display the “Stock Take Exceptions Report”, this will assist to track down and rectify the issues.
- Once all the exceptions have been rectified click the “Create Adjustment Lines” button to create the adjustment and proceed with validation.