Info and Concepts
As of version 2.61 Aerotrack supports record locking of:
- Parts Issue
- Stock Transfers
Once a record is locked no data changes will be able to be made and you will not be able to add parts or time for example. The only field still able to be changed will be the printing format.
Record locking is recommended to be used after a record has been completed in full and no more changes will ever need to be made to it. This prevents accidental edits of completed “historical” records.
Most security groups will be able to lock these records, only an administrator or users that have been assigned an unlock privilege in their user account can unlock a record.
You are given warning dialogs before locking and unlocking a record. Locking/unlocking a record will always trigger a ‘Save’.
Available in all detail views listed above. The button for record locking is included in the ‘Functions’ area in each form.
- After a record has been completed and no edits need to be made to it again, click the “Lock this Record” button.
- You will be given a warning dialog asking to confirm the lock
- Once a record is locked no changes will be able to be made and none of the buttons will work.
- To unlock a record click the ‘Unlock this Record’ button.
- You will be asked to confirm if you want to unlock the record.
It is highly recommended to lock purchases and sales after they become a bill/invoice and are transferred to your accounting software. Note you will not be able to create back orders/push parts to jobs on a locked record. You can still print the record and report it.