Info and Concepts
In this section a user with System Admin rights can maintain many of the drop down lists within the software.
The Controlled Lists module is accessed via the System menu.
Walkthrough of Controlled Lists
In each window the user can add or delete a line item.
- Freight Options – Sales – The line items entered here become available in a Sale. The concept is that the company can enter their freight provider and account number. This information will then be added to the sales invoice as the “Ship via” field.
- Freight Options – Purchases – The line items entered here become available in a Purchase Order. The concept is that the company can enter their freight provider and account number. This information can then be added to the PO as the “Ship via” field.
- Inventory Quantity Units – these line items are used in the inventory for each part number. Stock can be kept as different units such as by length or by the bag or if it individual units the term “each” is used.
- Departments – the user can create a list of the departments within the organisation, these are then used within the personnel section to assign a staff member to a department. The Job module also uses this field and it allows jobs to be assigned to a department within the organisation.
- Job Types – a list of job types can be created to allow each job to be categorised. This is helpful for reporting purposes.
- Company Positions – This field becomes available in the personnel section to allow each staff member to be assigned to the role description.
- Inventory HS Codes – The HS code is used for shipping merchandise globally and can be recorded against an inventory item.
For information on Job Types see this presentation.
Walkthrough of Aviation Lists
In this tab the user can maintain lists that are specific to the aviation modules.
- Aircraft models – this list supplies the drop down list for models in the Schedule section.
- ICAO ATA Chapters – this is the list default ATA chapters as supplied by ICAO. This list is not editable but is displayed for information only.
- Component Positions -This list allows the user to assign a component within a Schedule. This is only available in the new maintenance control module. The user can create a list of their own position requirements or clicking the “Default” button will populate the list as displayed below.Print and Email Options