Info and Concepts
The Servicing module allows the organisation to create and track tasks that are either related to an asset or are stand alone. A service record can be a recurring event or a service that is only carried out once. The system allows each service to be tracked by days or months and a warning email can be sent to any user that has the “Email Notify” box checked in their user account. If the organisation uses the multi-base functionality a service can be assigned to an indiviual base within the system.
The Servicing module us accessed via Compliance section from the main menu.
- To create a new service, click the new record button. Shortcut = Ctrl +N
- Enter a description and category for the new service record.
- If the multi-base functionality is being used select a base from the drop down list.
- If the service is a recurring event check the “Recurring” check box. This will allow an interval to be entered in the recurring details section.
- If the service is not recurring enter the due date in the Warnings area and the system will show the number of days to run.
- Enter the warning period required in the “Warning Days” field. When this threshold is reached Aerotrack will begin to send warning emails to those users selected in the Security section.
- Enter the details of the required service into the Service Instruction box.
- The default action taken field will be used to write a service record to an asset when a service is carried out.
- The usual supplier and service notes fields allow additional information to be recorded as required.
- Each service can be attached to one or to several assets, it may also be a stand alone task that is not attached to any asset in the system at all.
- To attach a service to an asset click the add a new record button .
- Open the List Picker window , use the quick find to search for the asset by entering any part of the part number, description, category or serial number.
- Select the asset relating to the service by clicking on the blue triangle selector of that line. This adds the asset to the service record.
- To attach more than one asset repeat the process.
- When a service is carried out the user can update the record and reset the new due date by clicking on the Service Now button. This produces a calendar window, select the date on which the service was carried out and the system will calculate the next due date and write a record in the Service History tab using the default action taken.
- The Linked Documents tab is used to upload evidence of the service, such as a report provided from an external inspection organisation.
From within the Common Security tab in the User Setting the Application Manager can allow a user access to the Servicing module. A user with the email notify box checked will receive emails regarding service warnings.