Info and Concepts
The Asset Register holds a record of company owned assets and may include tooling, ground service equipment and any other products that the organisation would like to record and track. The register allows the user to enter individual items under categories that can be dynamically created as required. The physical location of the asset is recorded by base and bin location as well as financial information including the purchase price and expected life span.
Tooling that requires calibration is entered into the Asset Register and is marked as requiring calibration. This record will then be available in the tooling module to add the relevant information including calibration interval and evidence of currency. When an item in the tooling module has been marked as “Unavailable” it will be highlighted in orange in the asset list view. A tool being unavailable means that it may have been sent away for calibration or repair.
The Asset Register is accessed via the Compliance Module
- To create a new asset, click the new record button. Shortcut = Ctrl +N
- Enter the relevant information regarding the asset in the fields provided.
- Check the “Calibrated Tool:” box if the item will require tracking in the tooling module. This will create a record in the tooling module where the calibration information must be entered.
- In the Asset Details tab enter the required information as required. To upload a picture of the asset right click on the image box and select “Load media”.
- The “Viewable Solution” setting is used to ensure that the record is only displayed in the solution where it is relevant. Use the drop down list to select where the item will be displayed, in Workshop, in Flightops or in both if required.
- The Notes section is a free entry section where any the user can record further information regarding the asset.
- The Linked Documents tab allows the user to upload files that relate to the asset. See the guide on Importing Documents for further information.
- The Linked Service tab will show the service or services that have been attached to this asset. An Asset can have one or more services linked to it from the Servicing section.
- The Service History tab shows a record of each time that service has been carried out on that asset.
To access the Asset Register the user must have the correct permissions defined in the “Common Security” tab of their user account.